Hi friends! I’m sharing this super easy and delicious banana and pumpkin breakfast cookie recipe with you today that happens to be gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free. It’s perfect for that leftover bit of pumpkin puree you might have hanging out in your fridge!!
The ingredients in this cookie are very straightforward, and add-ins are flexible to what you have on hand (even simpler than my zucchini oat breakfast cookies). The base of the cookie is:
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cups instant oats + 1 cup oat flour (you can make this in a blender!)
- 1 teaspoon oil (optional)
- Baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Add-ins: spices, nuts
That’s it!! I added in chopped pecans and almonds for a bit of crunch, and cinnamon and fresh nutmeg for fall flavors. Read on for the full recipe!
Banana Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups instant oats rolled oats would work too
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree*
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts optional
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until even. Add in the baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg (if using), pumpkin puree and oil.
- Blend or food process 1 cup of the oats in a blender, coffee grinder or food processor. This will be your oat flour!
- Add the remaining 1 cup instant oats and 1 cup oat flour to the bowl with the wed mixture. Mix to combine, then fold in the nuts.
- Using a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, portion cookies onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool slightly, and then enjoy!!
Let me know if you make these, and enjoy!!